20 Feb New Product Innovation Study for Equipment Service Portfolio
OPPORTUNITY ASSESSMENT, VALUE PROP CREATION FOR A DIFFERENTIATED SERVICE OFFERING
- Understand the value of after-sales service
- Assess key demands and components desired within service and willingness to pay
- Understand competitors, offerings and GTM models
- A global medical technology company manufactures and sells a broad range of medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, performance improvement, drug discovery, and biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies
- Segment target respondents for all 6 modalities
- In-depth qualitative interviews for pain-points, value, and perception of an ideal service contract
- 2-day work-out session with client’s services and sales teams to derive servicing strategies
- Clear pain-points exist for different customer groups.
- Timely availability of spare parts is more critical than quick response time.
- Stark differences in the perceived value of services between corp/super-specialty vs. other hospitals
The client renewed its ties with specific dealers. Created differentiated service offerings for hospitals grouped together under a needs-based segmentation